Thursday, July 14, 2011

No...I didn't eat your bone!

So whether you believe that being overweight is to be blamed on genetics, or medical issues, lazieness, stress, etc. There always seem to be excuses as to why we are overweight! I seem to be the master of excuses when it comes to not working out. I almost rather make excuses for not doing it instead of just going to do it.
Sometimes society seems to feed into our junk food addictions and they make it so easy for us to gain weight. With the dollar menu becoming more and more of a trend..."let me get a clog my artery double cheeseburger and a large empty calorie drink because they are only $1!!!" A drive through line makes it even easier for us not have to walk to get those loaded calories.

Sometimes being overweight I get a bad rap, people seem to think that I eat any and everything....which is just not true. I'm starting to think that even my dog believes this. A couple of nights ago he had brought his bone that he chews on (its a dental bone for all those worried that I give him chicken bones or something) and I'm not sure what he did with it. Well the next morning he couldn't find his bone and he gave me this look that made me feel like he was accusing me of eating his bone!!! C'MON NOW!

So anyway, I guess the point that I am trying to make is that no matter what your "excuse" is for being overweight you can always do something about it; it might take a little work but it will be well worth it. It might mean one less trip through the merry-go-round drive through for the death by dollar menu.

3 comments:

  1. Sarah, food is such a hard thing to deal with. I struggle with food addictions and just wanting to eat all the "good stuff" all the time. One of the few addictions where you are completely blamed for it - but you can't not be around food, so it is one of the hardest addictions to overcome. I am proud of you for putting something out there to help you achieve your goals. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jasper just wants someone to blame. No responsibility for that dog! :) Good start, Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey this is soooo cool. I love and admire you for putting it all out there.

    ReplyDelete