Monday, July 18, 2011

The Horrible Truth

Ok, so I went out this morning and got a decent, reusable water bottle. It's a good size one too so I can drink more water. I was excited because I found it at the Dollar Tree (the cheaper the better!). I have my work out clothes next to my purse, I have a gym membership to Anytime Fitness here in Hannibal; which I LOVE!!! It's just easier for me to go to the gym right after work instead of trying to get the motivation up in the morning and get all sweaty before work. Plus, I will be working out at night so it will be a little cooler; also, no one seems to really work out at 11pm besides me and maybe 1 or 2 other people. So I don't get embarrased about having to work out in front of other people or have to wait for the equipment to become free.

Now for the part that I have been dreading....my starting weight! 326.2lbs *GASP* Not my best number, but not my worst either. Anyway, there it is out in the open! Seeing that number brings up a lot of things for me. The first is embarassment and shame which seem to be the strongest emotions. I hate the fact that I've let myself get to this weight and stay there for so long. But it also makes me think that it wasn't really that hard to get to this weight. The real challenge will be taking it off, which is this chapter in my life of becoming healthy and staying healthy. No matter if I take all the weight I want off or not, my main goal is to feel better about the choices I am making (i.e. eating better, moving more, less stress). Thanks again for the support and kind words everyone, it really is very helpful! Keep it coming and until next post...Happy Eating!

2 comments:

  1. Way to throw it out there, Sarah. It's not easy. Sometimes, when I see the scale creeping up, I pick a digit to change. That way, it's not, "Oh I have to lose 10 pounds!" but more of a visible goal. Start with changing that 2 to a 1! You can do it, Sarah! (Best said in a "Water Boy" voice.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you sis... you are getting me motivated too.

    ReplyDelete