Thursday, August 4, 2011

The Snickers are Snickering at Me!

"I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.”
~ Jimmy Dean

I think this quote suits me at least as far as my goal is pertained. Sometimes I wonder if I was just destined to be fat! I was talking to some friends recently about my goal and we got on the topic of for my height what I am "suppose" to weigh. I looked online and for a 4'11 person I am suppose to weigh between 95 and 122 pounds. Let's be realistic here....that's NEVER going to happen. I wasn't meant to weigh 120lbs, and I am a little ashamed of this but I am ashamed of that. I realize that if I did get down to that weight, I would honestly look sick. It's not in my genetics to be that thin....too much German heritage...I don't come from a line of "thin" people.
So here is my ultimate goal, I wish to be at least 180. I think this is a decent goal and one that I could reach and stick with. It is also a weight in which I think I would look decent. As of right now, that goal seems so far away!!!
The exercising is going good, I have managed at the very least to work out 3 times a week for 20 minutes. Somedays I do more, but nothing less; my problem is with the eating better/less. I just can't seem to stay away from the problem foods that I LOVE and tend to over eat them. They wouldn't be so bad if I could eat them in moderation but that is my problem area that I am trying to find a way to work on. Also my water jug I bought at the dollar store broke on Saturday, so I need to go find a new one, I have resulted to drinking a lot of soda again. BLAH! It is a process, but I am trying, but sometimes it is just never enough.

Until next time, Happy Eating!

5 comments:

  1. Michael and I had success using Weight Watchers. We bought the at-home kit. If you choose the right combination of foods, you'll find that you're not starving like on other diets. Michael was able to lose 60 lbs in 3 months through WW and exercise. We plan on going back on it after I have the baby.

    what I really loved about it was that we could still eat our favorite foods. Replacing certain ingredients w/ healthier ones took the point value down.

    You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget to set intermediate goals. That final goal seems SO far away to you, but if you set some other goals, then it will be easier. For instance, I got some new exercise clothes when I lost 20 pounds. I got a new pair of pants when I lost 10 pounds. (All of my celebrations have involved money and clothes - to avoid celebrating with food. If you can think of a better way to celebrate, let me know please!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah : ) I am sooo proud of you. I finnally got brave enough to weigh myself... I lost 3 pounds.... it has gotten harder.but I really like the my fitness pal website for recording your food diary. it has worked and gives you credit for exercise so you get bonus calories on those days you work out... Oh and silly girl full of excuses...just because your water bottle broke does not mean you have to drink soda... ever heard of a glass.... ya I said it so what I am just as full of excuses as you. Love ya. miss ya. Biggest loser casting call in 2 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with you about the height/weight charts. There are so many things that they don't take into consideration. However, don't sell yourself short. I'm not saying the goal is a bad one but this is something that I have faced as well. I decided that once I get to that goal weight, I will have a better perspective on what I really can do. At that point (if I ever get there), I can re-evaluate and set a new goal. That is what goals are all about. I love it that you are sharing all this with everyone. Keep up the good work! Oh and Dollar store products are not usually good quality. Spend the money on a good one that you will be proud to use and that will make you feel a little guilty for buying if you don't use. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just an FYI, the creator of the BMI charts never intended them to be used on an individual basis...they were supposed to help gauge how whole populations were doing. And, I'm also supposed to weigh between 105 and 140. That's pretty much hilarious! I could probably make 140, but just barely. And my "ideal" weight is 120. I weighed more than that in high school, and was considered thin back then. So, whatever BMI. Just feeling better tomorrow than I do today (because I ate well and exercised, or whatever) is reward enough for me. Numbers are only a guide. Not a benchmark you are required to meet.

    You're doing great, Sarah! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete